Jude Roth is an award-winning drama TV/screenwriter and actress who grew up in a small post-industrial northeast town bankrupted by the toxic waste left there by one of the world's biggest conglomerates. Seeing first-hand how that tragedy impacted everyday people and their will to press on informs Jude's character-driven dramas.
A partial list of recognitions include...
- Black List-Women in Film Episodic Lab participant
- Featured on the WeForShe WriteHer List
- Featured on The Black List's Disability List
- Sundance Episodic Lab finalist
- Writers Lab Finalist
- Audible development program finalist
- Humanitas New Voices in TV finalist
- Austin TV pilot semifinalist
- Austin Humanitas Originals TV pilot semifinalist
- Austin AMC TV drama pilot semifinalist
- Cinestory feature screenplay semifinalist
- Slamdance feature screenplay finalist
- Film Independent feature finalist
- "Best Screenplay" at LA Femme Film Festival
- PAGE screenplay finalist and TV pilot semifinalist
Jude wrote, produced, and co-starred in the drama short El Doctor . The film sold to PBS and Latino Public Broadcasting, and ranked No. 2 nationally in PBS.org's competition.
Jude serves on the Steering Committee for the Think Tank of Inclusion & Equity in TV - a group of working TV writers dedicated to empowering historically excluded writers and transforming the industry into one where all writers and stories can thrive.